Monday, July 25, 2011

At Versailles Right Now!!!



How the 18th Century influenced modern Fashion


Sorry! The video is in French. But the images are lovely for my non-francophones *~

This is an exhibit which is being presented at Versailles now through October.
Too bad it wasn't being shown last October! When we were at Versailles there was a Murakami exhibit. And while I do like his work, I like 18th century fashion and art un peu plus(a little bit more!)!

I do wish the 18th century would influence fashion a bit MORE! I can hardly ever find clothes that suit my tastes! I mean, I don't want to be trapped in a stogy old creaky corset, but there IS so much you can do with the fashions of that time period (and I DO love modern corsets).

If you want to see more pictures, check out the article in Vogue-Paris:

Vogue à Versailles

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DO YOU THINK MES CHÈRES? :)

(please no vulgar language or mean spirited comments)
-for those who insist on being mean, I DO have a harassment lawyer for cyber-bullying...and a handy tracking device :D