Friday, January 14, 2011

Do you ever feel depressed?



I hope the answer is yes.

And purely for selfish reasons....because I'm feeling a little down myself and it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I can impart a little wisdom I've earned: depression is totally normal. Don't fear it or abuse yourself just because you feel down. Don't say: why am I this way!? Why can't I be normal!

Just go with it. Embrace your sadness.

I'm not saying WALLOW in it...just accept that you are a bit down and there's nothing wrong with that. You don't have to hide it. You don't even have to "put on your happy face," if you don't want to.

Just take your own personal mental health day/s and be with yourself.

Just let yourself work out whatever is bothering you. Go to the gym...get those endorphins flowing. Paint or do whatever makes you passionate. Read. Lay in bed an extra hour. Call off work! Bask in the silence. And accept that your body and mind are telling you that you need some "me time". Treat yourself, be extra kind to yourself when you feel down, you deserve it.

(ps. the picture is the 2nd draft of my painting. It takes hundreds of drafts...to get to the final painting)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT DO YOU THINK MES CHÈRES? :)

(please no vulgar language or mean spirited comments)
-for those who insist on being mean, I DO have a harassment lawyer for cyber-bullying...and a handy tracking device :D